POST-DOC POSITION IN ENZYMOLOGY AND ENZYME ENGINEERING @ TBI
toulouse biotechnology Institute
Date de debut : 01-04-2022
Lieu : Toulouse
Durée : 24 mois
Salaire : sur les base de la grille INRAE
We are seeking a post-doctoral researcher to become part of the Biocatalysis group at the Toulouse Biotechnology Institute (TBI, http://www.toulouse-biotechnology-institute.fr), in the frame of a precompetitive project sponsored by Toulouse White Biotechnology (TWB https://www.toulouse-white-biotechnology.com) and aiming at the enzymatic functionalization of polymers. TBI is a leading industrial biotechnology laboratory in France. The TBI covers a wide spectrum of multi-disciplinary research activities to create a continuum “from gene to process”, essential for successful biotechnological innovation. The lab hosts 300 persons, including 80 scientists, 50 engineers and technicians and 170 post-doctoral fellows, PhD students and contractual research engineers. The Biocatalysis group hosts 70 persons in total, including several internationally renowned researchers, who focus their research both on enzyme discovery through functional metagenomics, structure/activity studies and protein engineering for white biotechnology and synthetic biology.
Polymers occupy a critical position in our modern society where they are used as basic materials in the manufacture of innumerable daily life products, or find more sophisticated applications in medicine, diagnostics and fine chemistry for instance. Environmental as well as sustainability concerns push forward the research on renewable and recyclable bio-derived polymers instead of petroleum based polymers. In this context, polysaccharides from plant, algae, fungi or microbial organisms are seen nowadays as promising options but often need to be modified with additional functionalities for some applications.
In this context, the project will focus on the development of enzymatic routes towards new functionalized polymers. it will comprise enzyme discovery, characterization and engineering. The project will also include the development of new very high screening assays and the implementation of enzymatic cascades.
Candidates should have a PhD degree in Biochemistry, Enzymology, Microbiology or equivalent. Overall a preferred applicant has a solid research experience and is highly motivated towards developing new technologies and making scientific breakthroughs. The candidate should:
- have an in the fields of enzymologyand structure function analyses and protein engineering. Experience in microfluidics would be a plus
- have an experience in analytical techniques (LC/MS, NMR).
- be a team player, interested in collaborating with the project partners to develop new routes for innovative synthesis.
- Have strong skills in communications, especially in French and English (written & spoken)
+33 5 61 55 94 91
Toulouse Biotechnology Institute 135 Avenue de Rangueil 31077 Toulouse Cedex 4
· The postdoc position is available in April 2022 for 24 months.
· Competitive salary that can be negotiated based on experience and skills.
· Closing date for candidature: 2022/02/25
· To apply, please email: Magali Remaud-Simeon (firstname.lastname@example.org), Claire Moulis (email@example.com) and Etienne Séverac (firstname.lastname@example.org),
·Attach CV, cover letter, summary of previous research, PhD Diploma (an official translation into English) and contact information for referees.